STAAD.Pro is the professional’s choice for steel, concrete, timber, aluminum, and cold-formed steel design for virtually any structures. The strctures include culverts, petrochemical plants, tunnels, bridges, piles, and much more. STAAD.Pro integrates with other Bentley products such as STAAD. Foundation, ProSteel and OpenSTAAD which integrates with third party programs.
Saliant features of STAAD-Pro V8i:
- Advanced analysis and design features are included such as nuclear certification for 10CFR Part 50, 10CFR 21,ASME NQA-1-2000.
- Full range of analysis including static, P-delta, pushover, response spectrum, time history, cable (linear and non-linear), buckling and steel, concrete and timber design.
- Customizable structural templates for creating a model.
- Multiple analyses are performed in the same run—perfect for phase or stage construction.
STAAD is used effectively for the following applications:
- Tanks/water retaining structures (Supports BS 8007 as an optional code)
- Bridges (supports BS 5400 part 2/BD 37 and BD 21) using Staad.beava (optional add-on).
- Foundations & Sub-structures, Off-shore Structures.
- High-rise Buildings (BS 8110 supported) and shear wall design.
- Steel structures (Integrated connection design with BS code to be ready by March 2008: Over 100 connections).
- Supports seismic analysis (response spectrum) and push over analysis for steel (optional)
SAC’s Integration with Staad Pro
70% of most off-shore related jobs can easily be handled by the latest Staad Pro, along with our off-shore load generator called Staad off-shore. Staad Pro supports the API codes under the American specialized codes. For Top Side and most jacket design, Staad Pro can easily handle this.
Benefits of Staad Pro file import into SAC’s:
- The current function (STAAD.Pro model export into SACS) is that STAAD could be used as a starting point and
for a general analysis.
- It is also a lot easier to model in Staad Pro as opposed to modeling in SAC’s which
- Leveraging on SAC’s alone is not the best way to go since Staad Pro can by itself handle 70% off all off-shore related jobs.
Click the available links below for the case studies:
Back to product Index